I always knew when I was a kid that I wanted to have a daughter that enjoyed dance as much as I did. I started dancing when I was three years old and continued to dance until I was nineteen. As I've been told by my mother, she put me into dance class because I was so clumsy. I had two left feet so to speak. I think she hoped it would help me with my coordination and to be more graceful. From the day I started dance I have always loved it. It came naturally to me and led to so many other opportunities. I've always been a shy person, but on the stage I shined. I felt comfortable there because I was doing something that I was good at. I was in several musical productions, dance recitals and eventually dance performances and cheerleading in high school. Dancing was my passion.
Delaney has shown an interest in dance. I knew that as soon as I could, I would sign her up for a class. Most dance studios take kids starting at age three. With Delaney being a few months shy of three years old, I found a parent and toddler dance class through the city. This class is specifically for two year old children. Last Saturday was her first class. I had mentioned to her a couple days prior that she was going to take a dance class and she was so excited. The morning of the class she asked me, "Am I going to dance class today?!" I didn't have to remind her. She knew it was happening. That's all she talked about from the moment she woke up until her class started at 10:30am. I will also mention that dance class sounds more like "chris cass" coming out of her little two year old mouth. Pretty dang cute.
She did pretty well following directions. I mean she is two, so she did get distracted a few times. And she may have ran off to a small trampoline that was in the corner of the classroom more than once. We sang songs, danced and tumbled during that 45 minute class. When we left she told me, "Mommy I love chris cass!" She's also been asking to go back. We only go once a week on Saturday mornings. So waiting an entire week is an eternity for her. I'm looking forward to the next class as well!
I hope my sweet angel loves dance as much as I always have.



Love love love these pics! She's gonna be just like her momma! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope so! Isn't she precious?!
Delete